British Columbia-hosted video storage, sharing and streaming platform allowing faculty and students to screencast/record, upload and share presentations, lectures, labs, student presentations, student assignments etc.
- NIC Access – Students: Through NIC MediaSpace or through Blackboard Learn under My Media link on institutional Page
- NIC Login – Students: with your instructor or student NIC credentials: username (students: 7-digit student number including the ‘n’) and password
- Company – Student Supports: Kaltura Website
- NIC Support – Students: Student Technical Services or Kaltura videos found under Learning Technologies (Students) on NIC MediaSpace
Note: All users of NIC MediaSpace and Blackboard integration need to comply with NIC’s Acceptable Use Policy and not record, post or share inappropriate content. Users can indicate inappropriate content by clicking on the “flag” under a video.
Download Kaltura Capture
- Under “+ ADD NEW” locate Kaltura Capture (2nd from bottom of list) and download this application to your computer. There are versions for both Windows and Mac computers.
- Here is a video to show you how to download Kaltura Capture.
- This is a free recording tool for making videos, along with simple editing and enhancing. It may be a tool some instructors wish for you to use for creating assignments, making welcome videos, or working on group projects.
- Watch this video to learn more about Kaltura Capture.
Create a Video
Upload Video to My Media
- Video: How to Upload Media
- Video: How to Chop and Splice Media