For DLS (Digital Learning Scheduled) and DLU (Digital Learning Unscheduled) courses, all assessments of student learning will occur via digital formats. For B (Blended courses) assessment could a combination of in-class (performance assessments) and digital assessments. Regardless of the course format, there will be no on campus final exams and rather digital alternatives either during the scheduled exam period for your course or spread out over a period of time.
Here are some examples of what you could expect for assessment of learning in a digital format course at North Island College:
- Online quizzes, tests or mid-terms in Brightspace
- Assignments completed in word processing document and uploaded to Assignments in Brightspace
- Video capture of demonstration of a skill or task done with Kaltura Capture and uploaded to Kaltura My Media and URL submitted to instructor via Assignments in Brightspace
- Oral exam in video conferencing platform: BlueJeans
- Portfolio created with samples of learning using OpenETC WordPress
- Quizzes, activities and assignments completed via online textbook publisher websites (e.g., MyLab in Math by Pearson)