Welcome to (or back to) North Island College,
This website has been designed for you – the NIC student.
It has resources and tips for enhancing your learning experiences regardless of what topic or subject you are studying. Check out these top pages to get your term off to a great start.
- Tips for Digital Learning: a summary of helpful suggestions to help you make the most of any digital learning experiences you have at NIC (Handout)
- Technologies for Learning: outlines the core digital learning platforms available for student learning (Handout)
- Technology Readiness Checklists: three key checklists to complete
- Hardware Checklist: computer hardware technology and Internet connectivity checklist (Handout)
- Software Checklist: software, bookmarks, apps and support resources checklist (Handout)
- Learning Platform Checklist: helping you be prepared for BlueJeans, Blackboard Learn and Kaltura (Handout)
- Digital Literacies and Competencies: sharing some tips for helping you with digital identity, creation and proficiences with computer use (Handout)
- Student Rights and Responsibilities in the Digital Environment: suggestions for fostering a culture of respect and responsible actions (Handout)
- Student Guidelines for Communicating in Digital Courses: tips for digital communication success (Handout)